Thursday, October 11, 2007

Inaugural Brigade Meeting

Our inaugural brigade meeting was held last night to open our "new" brigade. It was certainly very interesting indeed. They attempted to fill positions with supposedly neutral people, but didn't have enough so had to balance it out between the warring sides. Two of the neutral people were interesting decisions in that one of them is old friends with one side and the other is despised by that same side. ........ so I guess it all balanced out in the end lmao! It will also be very interesting to see how the new secretary/treasurer manages to do her job next year when she resumes full time uni in Canberra.

Hubby and I are off the hook job wise. I'm quite thankful for that, but he's a bit ticked. Understandably so too. He's more qualified than two blokes who were put in for positions and had tried to stay neutral through the BS earlier this year. Unfortunately I was a prime target and him being my husband, I can understand why they didn't want to put him in. Not fair, but that's life.

Anyhow, I have my gear back, have my pager back, I have permission to upgrade my licence to drive the tankers and apparently hubby will be getting a station key at some stage so we are set to go for the coming fire season which looks like being a doozy!

No comments: