Friday, October 12, 2007

Day of Sirens

There are quite a few different sounds that a fire tanker siren can make from long wails to short yelps.............. and my son can imitate them all quiet well.

So well in fact that I have been known to wander into the living room to see what he's watching on the telly that has sirens on it or to turn our scanner up to sticky beak at whats happening around town only to find that it's actually TJ in his bedroom playing out a disaster of epic proportions on the road mat that covers most of his bedroom floor.

There have already been a few disasters this morning. I hope they take a break mid afternoon so I can have a short nap without dimly recognising the sound in my sleep then bolting awake waiting for my pager to go off! Don't laugh. It's happened before!

I keep wondering though............... will he be a fireman or a firetruck when he grows up?

hehe

4 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm rooting for firetruck. Much more funner....


Pop over to my blog, babe, got some blog bling for ya!

Precious_1 said...

I guess he'd better marry a firewomen who doesn't mind which he is......... lol

Erin! said...

LOLOL at both of you. Hehe I can just imagine him waking you up and you jumping up to grab the pager or to check where they want you to go etc.

Precious_1 said...

There are 3 higways that intersect at our town. We are only one block from one of them and two blocks from another so its not unusual to hear the police or ambo's go flying out the road just before our pagers go off.