Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stuck in bed

I must have seriously over done things yesterday and I thought I'd taken things rather easy. I couldn't get comfortable last night or stop my leg from aching so didn't get much sleep. Then this morning everyone left for work and school while I was still half asleep. When I woke up, I was having problems just getting myself to the loo, and wasn't going to manage getting into the kitchen at all so had to take some drugs on an empty stomach leaving me feeling quite woozy.

Poor hubby got home at lunch time took one look at me and I burst into tears. I hate days like this. I hate having to rely on other people to take care of me. I hate the role reversal at times where the kids sometimes take care of me. I know I shouldn't feel guilt over this but I do. But mostly I hate succumbing to the urge at times to have a pity party which I did in grand style today.

After the pity party was over however, Hubby and the kids made tea (Shepard's Pie as per the menu plan and it was really good lol), then they stacked and started the dishwasher, put a couple of loads of washing through, picked stuff up off the floor for me to sort through, found some of my crafty projects for me, found me another book to read and loaded my bed with snacks in case I'm not moving much tomorrow either. CJ plied me with soft drinks then switched the aerial on the telly in my bedroom over to the good reception so she could watch telly with me, TJ turned the keyboard up as loud as it could go and played songs for me then sat on my bed to read me a story about diggers and backhoes, hubby went to the chemist to make sure I have plenty of drugs, ate tea in bed with me and and even moved the computer in next to our bed so I can catch up with my online friends and now Sox (my boy cat) is now sitting guard over me. I think he likes School of Rock too! lol

I hope my hip starts to settle down soon - before I go completely stir crazy!

5 comments:

Erin! said...

Hugs Precious,

Take pride in the fact that you have a hubby and kids that not only know how to do the role reversal, but they obviously do it with their hearts in the right place, they do it for you and for themselves. What lovely kids you have to be plying you with drink and music and tv adn reading, what a lovely hubby making sure you have a nice dinner, enough meds and snack adn moving the computer.

Do not feel guilty that your body doesnt always allow you to be supermum, infact, supermum doesnt have kids or a hubby as lovely as yours, because supermum does everything herself and her family never had a chance to learn or try it.

Being in bed when you want to get out can drive you crazy, but just relax and enjoy your loving family and dont stress, because stress makes illness and pain so much worse.

Sending you antipain vibes and Hugs!

Precious_1 said...

Thanks Erin. You sure have a gift for putting things in perspective.

My hip isn't feeling any better today, but my spirit sure is!!

lightening said...

((((HUGS)))) Babe. Hope you're feeling better soon! I know how frustrating it can be to have to rely on DH and the kids. :-) Tell them how wonderful they are and you'll have given them a gift more precious (hee, hee) than what they've done for you. :-)

Kelley said...

Sounds like your family love and care for you! Awwww at your kids plying you with softdrinks and crooning to you.

Hope you are feeling better soon, with your little helpers I am sure you will!

Precious_1 said...

Thanks Ladies. I sent the kids on a seak and find mission earlier and they found THREE unopened family sized blocks of chocolate!! I reckon I'm all set till the end of the weekend at least! LOL